Monday, May 26, 2008

Spiritual Senses and Suffering

On our drive back to Fargo from a weekend in the Twin Cities, Rebekah made a comment to me about how she wanted to be more concerned with spiritual health than physical health. This sparked a series of questions in my mind. And I thought it may be beneficial to share them.

  1. Do I desire to be more in tune spiritually than physically?
  2. Why is it that God made the physical so "real" and the spiritual so difficult to discern?
  3. Our senses (sight, smell, hearing, taste, touch) are obviously more in tune with the physical world than the spiritual. Are there spiritual equivalents to the physical senses?
  4. If I were to lose one of my physical senses, how would I respond?
  5. If I were to suffer in any capacity, how would I respond?
  6. If I fear suffering, do I trust God too little?
  7. Is there a way to trust God in suffering without actually suffering? (Or is that wishful thinking?)
  8. Is fear of suffering an indication that suffering is coming?
  9. Is there a direct relationship between suffering and spiritual awareness?
  10. Do I trust God that whatever happens is for the best, even if it means suffering?

No comments: