Monday, May 12, 2008

Resolutions 2 & 3

Since Resolutions 2 & 3 essentially go to support Resolution 1, I am posting them together.

Resolved, to be continually endeavoring to find out some new invention and contrivance to promote the aforementioned things.

Edwards decides that he must exert energy and make it his ultimate aim to keep Resolution 1. And in that he must find fresh new ways to continue to carry out Resolution 1 in his life.

Resolved, if ever I shall fall and grow dull, so as to neglect to keep any part of these Resolutions, to repent of all I can remember, when I come to myself again.

If Edwards were to become lazy in the things that he resolved, and his lack of diligence is brought to his attention, then repentance would be the proper response. This one is extremely important when you consider the lofty nature of the resolutions that follow.

No comments: