Monday, February 15, 2010

Dear Louisville: Winter Driving Isn't Hard

In the past week we have had three snow days. Louisville has accumulated about a foot of snow.

I used to make fun of the South for canceling school every time a snow flake threatened to fall, but now I understand why: they cannot remove snow. I have yet to see a snow-plow in Louisville. That's insane. But what's more insane is the way people react in their vehicles when snow is falling.

So here is my advice to Louisville drivers: don't drive into the snow, don't tailgate, and clean all of the windows off on your vehicle. That will prevent all of the problems I saw on the roads today.

We're all in this together. You can do it.

2 comments:

Hannah said...

They were able to do a better job last time. This morning I drove in the left lane because it was safer, then I ended up walking two blocks in the snow because they hadn't shoveled yet...but I did see a snowplow once again doing nothing.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.