Titles of Facebook photo albums commonly exhibit these qualities:
- Excessive Punctuation: this usually is manifested in lots of exclamation points. For example: "Fun!!!" or "Wedding!!!" Less frequently, but not uncommon, is only punctuation with an occasional letter. Ex: ";) ;) ;)" or ":P :P :P"
- Country Music Songs: "Days Go By" seems to be used most frequently, but other titles like "Ring of Fire" and "Wide Open Spaces" can be stumbled upon.
- Loaded Words: "Amazing" and "Adventure" are used quite a bit. A quick perusal of the photos will indicate that the captured moments are neither amazing nor an adventure.
- Unorthodox Capital Letter Usage: this tactic is employed to spice up uncreative titles. For example: "hOMecoMiNg '09" or "iOWa TRiP."
- Uncatergorized: often times albums are labeled "Random" or "Misc," but upon further inspection they prove to be people taking 279 pictures of themselves and one or two other people sitting on a couch or lying on a bed making strange faces in celebration of the new digital camera they bought online and probably overpaid for. Usually people who are not actually in the photos are tagged because the photographer wants to subliminally say "wish you were here" without entirely offending the other parties in the photograph by making them think they are no fun. This often times leads to an escalating series of events in which the subjects submerge themselves in the morally relativistic culture and fall into the trap of naming future facebook albums using the aforementioned techniques.