Thursday, June 11, 2009

Goodbye, US Bank

US Bank Service Center, Fargo, ND

I have had multiple jobs throughout my time on Earth, but, as I have been a student for the majority of my life, none of those jobs lasted for very long, or were just part-time gigs. My time at US Bank was different.

Prior to my employment at US Bank, I never even attempted to get a full time job, let alone one that I hoped would sustain me and a wife. I was fortunate enough to land the job with minimal experience and maximum ignorance, although it did take me two tries.

I was incredibly blessed to be given the opportunity since Rebekah and I had signed a lease for an apartment across the street and the beloved Malibu was warning of its impending doom.

The job itself was tedious at times, but overall quite rewarding. I made some good friends and felt like I did have the opportunity to help people in need from time to time (even though some days it seemed like I was only aiding freeloaders).

Last Friday, on my final day (which happened to be my birthday as well), I was mightily encouraged by all of my co-workers who showered me with food and "good luck" wishes. I will miss them. We all got along quite well.

It was an honor to work at the US Bank Service Center. For the first time I seriously filled the role of "provider" for a family. I also had the opportunity to build some relationships and help some people along the way. It was a good job and a good year.

No comments: