Sunday, April 19, 2009

The First Year of Marriage: Nine Month Update

Today marks nine months of marriage to my beautiful bride, Rebekah Sue.

In the days leading up to our union, well-wishers doled out advice: "The first year is really tough. Don't be discouraged; it will get better."

As I reflected on these words this morning, I nearly felt guilty. The reason people gave that warning was because their first year of marriage was tough. And yet I would venture to say that the first nine months of my marriage to Rebekah has been void of toughness. I can attribute this to nothing other than the grace of God and His Spirit making Rebekah aware of my needs before her own and making me aware of Rebekah's needs before my own.

The past nine months have been the best of my life; God has made Rebekah a catalyst in my sanctification to the praise of His glorious grace. And I hope the reciprocal is true as well.

No comments: