Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Resolution 5

Resolved, never to lose one moment of time; but improve it the most profitable way I possibly can.

I t has been a while since I have posted a resolution. I hope you haven't forgotten about them.

This is a resolution that Edwards was the model of. He has always struck me as a diligent man who always made the best of his time.

I think that this resolution could be misinterpreted or manipulated. Losing a moment of time could be read as not doing something, like raking leaves for your neighbor or telling kinds to not do drugs. But I think Edwards is saying that making your time profitable is higher than that. Weigh everything that you do. Is this glorifying to God? If so, do it. If not, don't. I think that is Edwards' point. You can eat, drink, or whatever to the glory of God. And that makes your time profitable.

"So, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." -1 Corinthians 10:31

2 comments:

Jeffrey Curtis said...

How does one choose what to do with their time if there are many possibilities?

Caleb said...

"Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things." -Philippians 4:8

If it fits this canon and the glory of God is at the forefront of your mind, do it.