Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Goodbye, Metro

I am finally doing it. I am going to finish my "Goodbye, Fargo" series. My goal was to do it all in a week, but I lengthened it to nearly two months. Oh, well.

Metropolitan Baptist Church, Fargo, ND

Now that we have been in Louisville six weeks, Rebekah and I have had the opportunity to visit three different churches. I will not go into detail about them, but I will say this: we miss Metro.

What an immense blessing Metro was! Sometimes it's hard to see the impact that a small church has with so many mega-churches flashing their fancy bulletin boards and their websites streaming sermons. Believe me when I say that God has used Metro in massive ways in fulfilling His purposes in the Fargo/Moorhead community, the state of North Dakota, across the country, and, I pray, around the world.

As for Rebekah and I, the opportunities granted us at Metro were invaluable, the generosity shown us at Metro was unfathomable, and the people that influenced us at Metro are irreplaceable.

This is not to say that the church is not divided from time to time over silly issues, that people don't come and go, or that people always find it an ideal situation. No.

Metro has seen its share of hardship and painful situations, but at the end of the day the church comes together with the mindset that God is working good for those who love Him and are called according to His purpose; the bride of Christ is being sanctified.

New things are in store for Metro with the departure of some following the Lord's call. I am confident that God's grace will continue to uphold Metro as it has for several decades.

I pray earnestly that God will continue to show favor to you, Metropolitan Baptist Church, as you continue to seek to glorify Him in all things through His Son, Jesus Christ.

No comments: