Thursday, August 07, 2008

Desiring God Conference

I am beyond excited for this year's Desiring God Conference. What really jumped out at me in reading the preliminary material for the conference was the theme: The Power of Words and the Wonder of God. And further, the description of Mark Driscoll's talk is particularly intriguing. Here is how John Piper describes it:

Mark Driscoll, pastor of Mars Hill Church in Seattle, has agreed to tackle the knotty issue of tough and tender words, words in controversy, words in confrontation, words like Jesus and Paul used when they called people vipers and said, “If anyone has no love for the Lord, let him be accursed” (1 Cor. 16:22).
Fitting.

Rebekah and I are planning on attending. I pray that every Christian would consider going to this conference. I went last year and was greatly encouraged and edified by the teaching and testimonies of God's faithful servants. And if you cannot make it, you can always listen to the sessions at the website of Desiring God.

I trust that it "will be mind-sharpening, heart-humbling, mouth-seasoning, backbone-strengthening, and Christ-acclaiming."

No comments: